Friday, March 7, 2008

Introducing the delightful Delysia

After stealing audiences' hearts playing the princess Giselle in Enchanted, Amy Adams needed to find a role that showcased some of her other talents - like singing, being sassy and looking sexy. Enter the fabulous Delysia Lafosse from Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day.

Amy Adams on New 'Pettigrew' Comedy

How do you keep your energy levels up for a movie like this?
I've played depressed characters and there's a benefit to that, but I have to tell you, this is much more infectious in your life. You go home with energy. You go home with more spirit. I get something from my characters as well, even though I'm putting a lot in and she definitely gave me a different perspective on myself.

As her social secretary, Miss Pettigrew fixes a lot of things In Delysia's life. What would she fix in your life?
I nitpick and worry about little things. I get a bed set and wake up in the middle of the night thinking I should have gotten the patterned sheets instead. If somebody could just make me stop doing that I could accomplish a lot more in my life.

Can you identify with Delysia's ambition and drive to be a star?
To a certain degree, but I don't think she really wanted to be a star. I think she was after security and stability in her life, and I can definitely relate to the idea of wanting some control over your own destiny.

Renee Interviews Amy Adams and Lee Pace
Miss Pettigrew lives for a day opens today in selected theaters in the US.

Source: John Black for BostonNow / Thank you Cynthia for the video links!

No comments: