Sunday, May 4, 2008

Kathryn Adams is sure daughter Amy will win an Oscar

Kathryn Adams didn't seem to mind that her daughter didn't win an Oscar in 2006.

Adams' daughter and former Colorado resident, Amy (pictured on the left with her sister), was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Junebug.

While Kathryn, dressed in a black dress and wearing a Marilyn Monroe-inspired wig, attended the Denver Film Society's Oscar party at the University of Denver, her daughter sat anxiously in Los Angeles at the Kodak Theatre.

When the award was announced, both Adams women clapped excitedly for winner Rachel Weisz, nominated for her role in The Constant Gardener.

"I'm absolutely so proud," Adams, who lives in Denver, said of her daughter's nomination. "It fills my whole soul with pride."

This was the first nomination for the actress who got her start at Boulder's Dinner Theatre and the Country Dinner Playhouse in the 1990s.

The former Coloradan now lives in West Hollywood, her mother said.

"I believe that her time will come," Adams said. "I believe with all my heart that she will win an Oscar."

- Bianca Prieto for the Rocky Mountain News

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with her.
Btw, I'd like to see a pic of her parents and her siblings, to see how they look like. Have u ever seen any?
-Amanda

Anonymous said...

aww! thats so adorable. thanks, steph!

and, was this just a recent article? :)

Stephany said...

Amanda - unfortunately, I don't have any family group pictures. But I modified this blog entry and uploaded a photograph of Amy and her sister instead.

Jee - no, this is not a recent article. It was published on March 6, 2006.

Anonymous said...

I really hope she does win an oscar one day

Anonymous said...

I've seen Junebug recently and tell you the truth I just wondered why Amy Adams didn't win the Oscar in 2006... I like Rachel Weisz, but I can't say she was that awesome in Constant Gardener...
But I'm sure Amy Adams will win an Oscar... and not just for best supporting actress but for the leading role. :)

Tiffany said...

awww they look so great in the picture!

Anonymous said...

I honestly hated Junebug. The only good thing about the movie was Amy Adams. Like basically the only good parts of the movie were when Amy was in the scene because she was funny. The rest of it was awkward sex scenes, random shots of trees, rooms and creepy waving old ladies, and that wierd ass guy who drew penis. But Amy should have won an award for that movie. I cried at the end. And I laughed at like everthing she said, she was ridiculously ditzy and funny.

Anonymous said...

really jennifer? Where are you from?
Cuz I've been living in the south and life here is pretty much like the movie shows....the family dynamics is so real. Some people feel unconfortable for all the sex scene, but it basicaly shows an empty relationship that is based on sex (they don't know much about each other, they don't even know that the other smokes, don't talk about having children and stuff). The empty rooms reflects a lot of the movie, makes you tell a lot about the family and the mood in the house. I find the movie really simple but I love the way it's so genuine. And Ashley (Amy Adams) is the sould of it.
-Amanda